Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Victoria Secret Fashion Show

Day 2 of "My 7 days of Misery" is, well, its all done. Long and complicated story (short story is I failed, and should know better than to not eat anything all day and go running). I will update you all on this tomorrow. Quickly moving off that topic on to more exciting things.

I have no shame in saying how excited I am for the Victoria Secret Fashion Show tonight! I watch every year in awe of just how much fun the show is and how in shape the girls are. I'm sure I can get loads of crap for promoting this, because it does also promote a lot of unhealthy habits to girls everywhere.




I think for some people it is a nice idea to think "wow people actually look like that, that's awesome." It is when people think "I need to look like that and do everything I can to make this happen" that it becomes a problem. Most people have no idea what these super models do before shows to get ready and get in shape. While I am sure they eat completely differently, and probably cut out all sweets, carbs, etc. the amount of working out they do to prepare is over the top. I give them all the credit in the world for looking as good as they do the night of the fashion show.

I also like the show for the reason of no airbrushing. Everyone knows every picture taken of anyone is photoshopped, airbrushed, and so on. You name it, they have it done to them in the picture. In the show there is no airbrushing or photoshopping. This is what the models really look like, and they all look pretty incredible and in shape if you ask me. I think there is nothing wrong with giving credit to them for all the work they do. The problem is when people take it to the extreme to attempt to look like these women.




Moral of the story, I am so excited to go home tonight and watch the VS Fashion show, after Biggest Loser of course! Happy Tuesday all!

No comments:

Post a Comment