Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Races and Beaches

This past weekend I was in Cape Cod with my brother surprising my mom for her birthday! Months of planning went into this as we tried our best to quietly book a hotel room and tell other people who were going without telling anyone who would tell my mom. I drove back to MA Thursday and ran around doing errands, breaking into my old condo since I had no keys, and going out to dinner with my bff who I missed very much, Carolyn! Then finally at around 11pm I got to the airport to pick up my brother flying in from Arizona. Friday morning we drove down to the Cape and surprised my mom right on the beach!


We've been going to this beach for years, and my family use to have a house down the street so everyone knows the area well. We use to take pictures just like the one below every year to send them out as Christmas cards. 

We were only there Friday-Sunday but had a great time with family hanging around and relaxing on the beach! Ignore that my brother is about 100 times tanner than I am in this picture, he lives in Arizona so he's basically permanently changed skin color while down there. 

After a long day of traveling I was back in NY on Sunday night and time to get serious about training. There is the Yankee stadium 5k next weekend that I'm mostly looking forward to. Seeing the stadium will be fun even though I strongly dislike the Yankees (I'm trying to figure out how inappropriate it would be to wear a red sox tshirt while running). I am dreading running the stairs at the stadium, which I've heard is the worst part.

The weekend after that I have a sprint triathlon that I was signed up for a couple of days ago haha. We'll see how this one goes. It's sooner than I planned to do one, I'm signed up for one at the end of September, but it can't be so bad right? I feel comfortable with swimming, although I'm not sure how comfortable it will be with hundreds of people around me. I know I can get through the water though and onto the bike fine. Once I'm done with the bike is when I'm worried. My running has just been ok lately, and I'm not sure how much it will improve with me swimming a half a mile and biking 16 miles before.

I have 2 and a half weeks left of training. Hopefully in that time my running will start to come back to me and I can feel more confident about this race. Running and swimming is on the training agenda for the day!

Happy Wednesday everyone, half way to the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment