Thursday, November 17, 2011

Work.Work.Work

As usual I've allowed my life to be taken over by work again. It is application season at work, which means I'm reading essays, transcripts, etc. all day long. Luckily, because of the change in work schedule I have been able to fit running into my schedule 2 days a week and then on Saturday and Sunday. Yay for getting back into the groove!

Yesterday was a day I was able to go into worker later so I decided I would try and do some constant running, no stopping to walk. I got a mile and thought I would die. It is so painful to see how slow I've become just from taking a a little over a month off from running. I knew it would be tough slowly getting back into it, I just didn't know how tough.

I went out again this morning, and it wasn't all that much better. Unfortunately the cold always hits me hard at the beginning. It was about 35 degrees when I went out, which isn't actually that cold compared to the upcoming winter months, but I always cough more when it first starts to get colder. Luckily I was able to stay warm with my awesome lululemon pants (no worries a whole separate post about my love for lulu) and my obnoxiously bright pink pullover from underarmour.

I am slowly going along though and know that getting out 4 times a week, no matter slow, fast, walking, getting out there is half the battle. 

In more exciting news, this afternoon I will be heading back to Boston for the weekend! My cousin is getting married on Saturday! Wohoo! Should be a fun weekend and I can't wait to get back there for a little while.

Happy Friday everyone! Have a great weekend :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment