Monday, February 6, 2012

Monday Morning Blues....

Yes, while I am living in NY (and now an official resident of the state), I still will always love and support my Boston sports teams. The Super Bowl...yeah that was a rough one to watch. Oh and did I mention I watched it with all Giants fans? Yeah you can imagine my face at the end of the night. At the end of the day I will always love my Pats, but it was not fun to wake up this morning and think about going into work to see more Giants fans.

On a happier note, some updates for you on my running! It's actually going well...yes you can all gasp now in shock. I'm getting back on track with my long runs and did 6 this past weekend. I know schedule wise it should have been more, but I hadn't done 6 yet and needed to get it done to start feeling better. It felt long, tiring, my knee bothered me a few times, but I finished it and felt amazing after! If I keep up the pace I had for those 6 miles, come race day I will hit my time goal! I was very excited after that run, and while in pain, felt better about the DC half.

I also went to a triathlon training meeting the other night. A triathlon coach was there talking about the best way to put together a tri training plan for any level triathlon. I was unsure if I was doing any tri's this year (you know with my panic every time I get in the water for some reason), but after talking with the coach about my apparent fear of swimming I started to feel better. I have a few things I need to work on to get past this, mostly because when I'm training I don't get nervous in the water, it's when I have hundreds of people splashing around me that I get freaked out. I am considering at least doing one tri this summer though.

I hope everyone had a good weekend and nobody else is feeling the "post super bowl Monday morning blues"!

No comments:

Post a Comment