Friday, July 20, 2012

Chicago!!!

The countdown is on! 4 hours and my plane to Chicago will be taking off :)

I packed! We also are sharing a bag, this is impressive, seriously impressive. 


 I haven't been back to Illinois in about 5 years and haven't been into Chicago since I moved to Boston (I was 11). The Chicago trip is for two reasons. One the Rock n Roll Chicago 1/2 marathon

GU galore! 

We also are going to see my dad and step mom! We are only there a short amount of time, tonight until Monday afternoon, but I'm so excited. There will be lots of walking around the city and eating Saturday, perfect carbo loading for the day before the race. The same will probably occur on Sunday, perfect for post race! 


The race starts at 6:30am, again pretty freaking early. We are staying right near the race start though which will mean a little bit of sleeping in. You know, until at least 5:30 right? It is going to be about 95 degrees out, so it will be quite the sweaty day. 

Luckily I own this shirt, which means I clearly heart sweat now, so sweaty races are good with me

I plan to stick with a pace team for the race, and hopefully will come in under 2hrs 45mins. Other than that, I plan to enjoy the race through a city that a miss! I think I'll recognize at least a few of the stops along the course, since I've been to just about all of them before. 



Happy Friday! Enjoy your weekend everyone!! 



No comments:

Post a Comment