Friday, March 16, 2012

DC 1/2 Marathon Goal post!

It is finally the weekend for the Rock N' Roll USA 1/2 Marathon!


That is my holy crap face! 

After all the planning and preparing I can't believe the weekend is finally here. Paul and I are driving now down to DC for the weekend. We have packet pick up today as well as some exploring around the city. Race is tomorrow morning (St. Patrick's Day!) at 8 am! I have to switch my coral today as well (for a faster time!). So here go the goals for the day!


Goal A: Finish in 2 hours and 45 minutes. For many of you reading this you are going to go "OMG?! Goal A is 2:45? How is she that slow?" I'm aware for many my goal A would be their goal F. I have done two 1/2's before and finished the first one in 3:27 and the second in 3:05. 2:45 would be a HUGE improvement for me.

Goal B: Finish before 2 hours 45 minutes 40 seconds. I'm aware this seems silly, but there is a reason! Paul's 1/2 marathon PR currently is 2 hours, 45 minutes, and 41 seconds. Huge motivation to have the better 1/2 time of the two of us!

Goal C: Finish under 3 hours. Since both of my previous 1/2's were over 3 hours, I really am working hard to improve a great deal from them.

Goal D: Finish my 1/2 marathon before Paul finishes his marathon. 


So here goes nothing! I will keep you all updated to how it went!


Wish me luck :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment