Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Updates Galore

So I clearly needed to give you all a week to soak up my DC 1/2 marathon experience. All caught up on it now? Good, because I have oh so many updates for you.

For starters, my hair is blonde. Is this the most important update I have? Well since I just spent $195 and 3 hours getting it cut and turned back to blonde, yes I do in fact find this to be my most important update. Before and After Pictures to come.

Now on to the running updates. You all may or may not recall that I said after I did the DC half, I wanted to focus on shorter distances. I apparently lied to you all, as well as myself. On the way back to the hotel after the race, we ran into a guy who was part of the marathon maniacs. Paul talked to him for quite a while about how to qualify and etc. Of course Paul was interested, while I kind of tuned in and out with no hopes or interest in ever being a marathon maniac. The man noticed my half marathon medal and said "don't worry, they have something for you too". He then informed me all about the half fanatics. I was sold! I quickly did some research and found three half marathons I could do in three months. I selected Rock n Roll Chicago, Rock n Roll  Providence, and Rock n Roll Phili.

I had planned for a while to do Rock n Roll Chicago, so this was not a new addition for me. On Monday I finally was all registered and excited for it. I then received an email shortly after that made my race schedule just that much crazier. I had been selected to blog for the UHC Triple Crown. I am beyond excited to be doing these three races! Adding them to my race schedule however, now makes things crazy for me.  I will be running one of these 1/2 marathons the weekend before my Rock n Roll Chicago. I will qualify for half fanatics from doing just those two races alone! So all in all, at the end of the year I will more than likely have finished 7 1/2 marathons. I'm not sure how I went from possibly 2 1/2's to now 7, but I am extremely excited for every single one of them.

I have many more updates to come during the week, including my training plan! Training starts April 1!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!!




No comments:

Post a Comment