Friday, March 2, 2012

March!!!

Happy March everyone! As it is the beginning of a new month, I want to check in again with my New Years Resolutions to make sure I'm staying on track.

1. I was supossed to run a race for every holiday. Unfortunately in February (even though I wanted to) I did not run a race for Valentine's Day. My work schedule conflicted a little and then it was Paul's birthday, so there was no day I was available. The 1/2 marathon does fall on St. Patrick's Day so I know I am already set for the next holiday at least!

2. Run 2 or 3 half marathons. DC 1/2 marathon training is still going strong...sort of. I'm unsure if the Chicago half marathon will happen or not unfortunately. As much as I want to go back to Chicago and visit, there are a few issues with the trip in general. For one the amount of money it will cost is a problem for me because I should be saving every dime I have towards a new place to live. Also time wise, I'm not sure if I will be able to go for the amount of time I want to. I think it is a waste of money if I'm only flying out for 48 hours when I want to be there for much longer. Finally the last reason is because this half marathon training has shown me that maybe I'm not ready to sign up for the race yet. I need to have a good base before I start training and signing up for the races. If time wise and money work out, but I'm not feeling comfortable with my running then I shouldn't do it.

3. Stretch every morning. This has changed into stretching 3-4 days a week. I figure if I can do the weekends as well as 2 days during the week of stretching then I would call it a success.

4. Run at least 10 miles every week. Check! One of the resolutions I am completely sticking to!

5 & 6. Running 5k's and 10k's in a certain amount of time. I'm not going to work on these until after the D.C. half.

7. Take a pilates class. I'm still failing at this one. I have a 10 more months though!

I have more running updates, cupcake updates, and tri meeting updates coming in the next few days!!!

Happy March Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment