Saturday, January 7, 2012

65!

65! That is in fact the temperature outside right now, on January 7! I'm sitting outside as I type this post because it is just that nice out.

Proof! 

This was such a treat today, and a huge difference from my freezing Tuesday and Wednesday! I took full advantage of the weather and went for a run this afternoon. Lately I have been running around the nice flat track, and needed to get myself a little out of my comfort zone. Running near the house with some hills was different for me, but what I needed. I did 2 miles at a 10:22 pace, which I was pretty happy with. I got to wear my lulu crops and a light lulu long sleeve shirt that I usually wear under another two layers. I could of easily gone out in shorts and a short sleeve shirt, but it was January so I still was a little worried it could suddenly get freezing. 

After the run I went out back for a little workout. I had big hopes to do the 100 workout today.


It was pretty rough, and I didn't even do the whole thing. I did the 100 jumping jacks, and then jumped down to do the 50 crunches, 40 squats, 30 leg lifts, and 20 more jumping jacks. I decided the 2 miles before this would cover my 10 min run. During the workout it was pretty eye opening as to just how much I need to work out my core. With my new training plan for the DC half marathon, along with my 4 days of running a week I will also add in 1 day of Pilates and another day of strength training. 

I have an actual plan that starts tomorrow until race day that I will post tomorrow, once it's all colored and pretty obviously! Hope you all enjoy the rest of your Saturday! If you all are lucky like me to have a gorgeous day today, go take advantage of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment