Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Weekend fun!

I had a pretty low key weekend, which I love! Friday night I was at a wrestling match on Long Island. This was my first wrestling match and I sat pretty horrified the entire time. Every other second I thought someone was going to snap their neck. Horrifying. Saturday morning I was up pretty early, aka 6:45. Downsides to your boyfriend having work on Saturday mornings are waking up insanely early, upsides are getting to see amazing sunrises!


Saturday night I went out in Brooklyn for a friends birthday.  Good time overall, but it was freezing walking around! I had a delicious margarita, a good time with friends, and the Patriots won, so in the end I was pretty happy.

Sunday I was supposed to run 5 miles. Then I found out it was all of 10 degrees outside and I chose against it. To say I don't enjoy the cold at all is an understatement. Instead I spent the day watching football and making stuffed peppers! I found a quick and easy recipe for stuffed peppers a few weeks ago and have wanted to make them since then. 

Pretty easy to make. Start with cutting off the stems.

Clean out the seeds, this was Paul's job

 Ready to be filled!


 Cook onions and peppers

 Add sausage and brown rice. 

Stuff peppers with filling. Put in the oven and cook at 375 for 30 mins.

 Take out of oven and put some mozzarella cheese on top then back in the oven for 15 mins.

And done!

They turned out very good, and a huge bonus is I made enough to have for dinners 3 nights this week! I'm pretty good about being able to eat the same meal multiple nights in a row, so this will be perfect for me. I pop them in the microwave for 3 mins and am ready to go!

The rest of the weekend was more relaxing time. I watched Chic Runner's (a great running blogger) wedding on WE Sunday night. It was a great episode and fun to watch! I also saw Beauty and the Beast, I know you're all jealous about that! I will say I was probably worse than the kids in the theater though with the amount of times I had to get up to go the bathroom. We also rented Horrible Bosses and Friends with Benefits, both I thought were hysterical. You will notice the lack of running in this weekend recap and overly high amount of laziness. No worries, more info on that to come tomorrow! 

Happy Tuesday everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment