Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Cupcake Wars

Everyone and anyone that knows me, knows I am obsessed with cupcakes. Chocolate cupcakes are so simple and easy, and so delicious at the same time. I do a pretty good job about keeping myself a good distance from cupcakes at all times. Unfortunately yesterday I had myself a mini cupcake war.

There was a birthday at work which resulted in an insane amount of cupcakes. There were easily enough cupcakes for everyone in the office to have at least 5. The other downside was they all were in my office. Not even that, but they all were directly in front of my desk. It was painful! I felt like I was on a Biggest Loser episode when they have a food challenge and everyone has all their favorite foods in front of them.....and then try not to eat them. It was rough. I give myself credit that from 8:30-11 I sat with them in front of me and didn't eat a single one. Around 11:04 it all fell apart.

Totally caved. 100%. In my defense, when they do these challenges on Biggest Loser, the food goes away after a few minutes or you get a prize for eating something. The cupcakes did not go away and I did not get a prize. I was the clear loser in the cupcake war.

Other then my cupcake meltdown, I have been trying hard to stay on track with my eating. I know a big part of my work for the 1/2 marathon is eating healthier. I also did a 2.5 mile run this morning. It was supposed to be 4, but between tired legs and crammed time for work, it turned into 2.5. I feel good though about getting back on track and ready for the 1/2! Only 53 days till the race!!!!


Happy Tuesday Everyone! 


No comments:

Post a Comment